Ultrasound Certification / ARDMS
The RDMS credential, offered by the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonographers, certifies expertise in the field of diagnostic medical sonography.
ARDMS (American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonographers)
According to the ARDMS “certification is a process and documents that an individual has met specific requirements and has the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform within a profession”.
ARDMS certification is highly regarded in the professional healthcare community across the United States and the world.
About the ARDMS
The ARDMS (American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonographers), organized under the umbrella organization Inteleos, is a non-profit organization that was established in 1975. Worldwide, over 90,000 medical professionals have been certified by the ARDMS, representing a variety of specializations, including cardiac, vascular, and OB/GYN sonography.
ARDMS is accredited by several prestigious and reputable bodies, including the International Organization for Standardization (ISO), National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA) and the American National Standards Institute (ANSI).
How to Apply for the ARDMS Exam:
The most respected certifying agency in United State and Canada for Diagnostic Medical ultrasound is the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS).
In order to earn certification from the ARDMS, individuals must take the Sonography Principles & Instrumentation (SPI) examination. To be eligible to take the certification exams, individuals must meet certain prerequisites. Most formal education programs will include the appropriate experience, credits, and clinical hours to provide eligibility to sit for the ARDMS exams.
For more information about the eligibility to get exams and hold ARDMS certificate…
To summarize the steps required to get Sonography Certification/license in North America (USA & Canada):
You need to:
- Finish a recognized medical training ultrasound courses (MK Ultrasound Training Center provides high-quality comprehensive training courses that help you to pass the exam from the first attempts).
- Prepare the required documents and your graduation Diploma/ medical degree transcript.
- Register with ARDMS and send your online application.
- Within 21 business day send your required physical documents through a carrier.
- As soon as ARDMS accept your application, you can apply for SPI exam.
- For more details about this process contact us, we will help you throughout this entire process.